Thursday, September 13, 2012

Switch to Ubuntu: Remmina Remote Desktop Client

The switch to Ubuntu 12.04 from Windows 7 has been pretty seamless so far and I find that I enjoy using it. I've found several things so far that I like using better than the Windows counterpart; for instance, Remmina Remote Desktop Client over Windows' RDP interface. Remmina came with my version of Ubuntu, but it is also not difficult to install.

With Remmina, you setup a connection once with all of the parameters for that server, and every time you need to connect after that, Remmina will connect and log in with just one click.

Remmina Connection Profile

Remmina one-click connection
A feature of Remmina that makes it better than the similar product in Windows is tabbing the connections when multiple connections are in use at the same time.

Remmina multiple connections
I'm looking forward to learning more about Ubuntu and will post more of what I learn when I get time.

No comments:

Post a Comment